e enjte, 30 gusht 2007

The Animator's Workbook

The Animator's Workbook: Step-By-Step Techniques of Drawn Animation
  • Publisher: Watson-Guptill
  • Number Of Pages: 160
  • Publication Date: 1988-09-01
  • Sales Rank: 35679
  • ISBN / ASIN: 0823002292
  • EAN: 9780823002290
  • Binding: Paperback
  • Manufacturer: Watson-Guptill
  • Studio: Watson-Guptill
  • Review:

    Outdated

    I was really looking forward to this book. It appeared to be the ideal book designed with assignments to increase knowledge of methods of animation. Twenty years ago, this was probably a good book. Does ANYONE animate using acetate cels anymore? Does anyone want to? Maybe if I had been looking for a history of animation, I wouldn't have been as disappointed as I am.

    In general, I've gotten great books from Amazon, and this book isn't their fault. It just proves that sometimes, being able to browse through the book in a real bookstore will give you a better idea of whether the book is what you're looking for. Being able to search inside the book (as is possible in this case) doesn't always give you enough of the book to really see.

    I just don't understand all the 5-star reviews that don't mention any of this. Are they not drawing with computers or Wacom drawing pads? I honestly don't need to know the methods they used on Mickey Mouse in Steamboat Willy. If I buy a book on printing, I'm not presented with a description of Gutenberg's press. Sigh.



Download

Nuk ka komente: